4. What’s your current NOTP?
i rarely notp - i may not like a ship, or just not ship it but i don’t waste my energy on notping (also i sometimes end up sorta shipping it after a while if i get convinced - by writers or good meta so i’m open to suggestions). still i do have my 3 same all-time notps which have been here for a while and they’re jeff/annie, harry/hermione and derek/stiles. everything else i don’t ship i just don’t but i don’t have the same urge to blacklist every single variant of the thing - i mostly just ignore it and get on with my life.
16. Talk about a ship you initially disliked.
isaac/allison felt too forced for me in s3a - it came out of nowhere and the writers pretended like it’d been there forever and i kept saying that if they did it just a bit more slowly and stopped shoving it in our face i would be so. on board. because alli is my everything and i loved isaac a lot and then i started ot3ing scott/allison/isaac so much so i hoped i’d soon grow to like alli/isaac too as the other two ships in that ot3 are my otps. and then s3b happened and they were everything i always wanted for them - cute and bantery and saving each other and it didn’t feel forced at all and soon i was shipping it a lot and now i’m just sad. ta-da.
37. Do you have a favorite trope and/or AU for your OTP?
fake marrieds!!!!! idk if acting domestic is a trope but i’m super into that always. battle couples!!! person a teaching person b how to fight/shoot. (SLOW) DANCING fuck.
22. Which of your ships have the best chemistry?
g o s h how do i choose tho - i react to chemistry so much which is why i often end up multishipping with THAT ONE PERSON, you know the type the type that has chemistry with everyone and everything (see: scott mccall; if someone were to count all my ships for him we’d be here all day probably). BUT RIGHT NOW IT’S BELLAMY AND CLARKE LIKE FUCK THAT CHEMISTRY IS SO STRONG AND I MOSTLY BLAME IT ON BOB MORLEY’S EVERYTHING I AM SO ANGRY FUC K.
23. Which of your ships deserve better writing?
jeff/britta, for example. not necessarily better writing but like some writing. i hate that they were this big thing and then there were episodes where they barely had any interaction and when they did it was just … not it w/e. one of the reasons i was happy that community was cancelled was because i never had to feel frustrated over the lack of jeff/britta ever again and then they resurrected the show and i was like: ‘oh. so i’ll have to suffer some more. peachy’ and no quitting is probably not an option so.
but truth be told, a lot of my ships let me down at least once and there’s always this one thing i wish had never happened. i fall in love with them, i cheer for them, i cry with them. and then the writers fuck them up at some point and one of them does something that really rubs me the wrong way but then i’m like ‘people fuck up, this happens irl too, people learn to forgive, why shouldn’t i’ but i then kinda always feel wary of proclaiming my love for them but i do love them but i also have a few problems with said ship. and it happens really often and i’m sad.
26. Have you noticed a pattern in your shipping? Is there a romantic dynamic you’re more drawn to?
yes i talk about this a lot actually and the only way i know how to explain is - partnership. they’re equals, partners, partners in crime, partners against crime, co-leaders, co-criminals, two sides of the same coin, the head and the heart. drift compatible assholes in a nutshell.
1. Talk about the first ship you ever had.
to be honest i can’t be 100% sure what my first ship was. it might’ve been from a book called adieu mes quinze ans - there were these two kids yann and fanny and i remember i cried over them a lot lmao. also gilbert and anne from anne of the green gables. and then there were ron and hermione and also han and leia and rose and jack. who knows which of them was the first i certainly can’t remember at this point.
2. Talk about three of the most important ships throughout your life.
well, han and leia were super formative in terms of what i would later on most often be drawn to. that kind of dynamic of equality, partners where there’s almost no disbalance of power (or if it’s a f/m ship it’s definitely the girl that’s often in charge), the banter, the bickering, the attraction, opposites being drawn to one another but in a way that makes sense and constitutes a whole.
also ron and hermione - they were literally my most favourite thing for at least a decade (they still are). man all the fic i wrote ALL THOSE GRAMMAR MISTAKES I MADE, all the fic i read, all the debates i went into, all the quotes i knew by heart, all the fanart i drew and searched for, all the forums and sites i joined just so i could find more like-minded people whose main babes were these two. wow. those were some grand times, friend.
annnnd probably (definitely) kathleen kelly and joe fox from you’ve got mail because wow talk about another formative thing - that movie gave me unrealistic expectations about literally everything including, but not limited to, autumn, school, libraries, coffeeshops, new york city (which i still haven’t seen but damn it i will), daisies, and yeah, love. whatever i’m fiNE.
25. Have you ever shipped a pairing before you even started watching the show/movie simply because of gifs and graphics or similar?
have i HAVE I. i have lmao. it’s kind of hard for me to remember because most of the things that seemed interesting to me i ended up watching so i kinda forget what happened before i started watching the thing. but yeah gaius/six had seemed like the most intriguing fucked up thing long before i even thought of giving bsg a chance. logan/veronica too probably? i don’t watch shameless but those two (i forget their names, maybe kevin and veronica or?) seem super cute lmao.
- Talk about the first ship you ever had.
- Talk about three of the most important ships throughout your life.
- What’s your current OTP?
- What’s your current NOTP?
- Do you have any poly ships?
- How do you feel about love triangles?
- How do you feel about RPF?
- Have you ever shipped yourself with a character?
- Do you have many ships that never got together at all?
- Do you ship any characters that have never met?
- Talk about your favorite first kiss.
- Have you ever been disappointed when your ship finally got together?
- Has a ship ever broken your heart?
- How do you feel about will they/won’t they?
- Have you ever “shipped at first sight”?
- Talk about a ship you initially disliked.
- Talk about a pairing you’ve stopped shipping romantically.
- Talk about a moment which made you question an entire ship.
- Have you ever shipped something despite yourself?
- Talk about a ship you feel alone in shipping.
- Is there a ship you just don’t get, but have nothing against?
- Which of your ships have the best chemistry?
- Which of your ships deserve better writing?
- Do you mostly ship canon pairings?
- Have you ever shipped a pairing before you even started watching the show/movie simply because of gifs and graphics or similar?
- Have you noticed a pattern in your shipping? Is there a romantic dynamic you’re more drawn to?
- Is there a ship you’ve shipped for most of your life?
- Does shipping come easily to you?
- Do you need to ship something to really enjoy a movie/book/tv show/comic?
- Name a couple of fandoms in which you have no ships.
- Talk about one of your favorite headcanons for a ship you love.
- Share five must-read fics.
- Name your favorite fanartist(s).
- Share your favorite fanmix for your OTP.
- Recommend 1-5 shipper blogs.
- Do you create fanmixes/gif sets/fanart/fic/fanvids and so on for you ships?
- Do you have a favorite trope and/or AU for your OTP?
- Do you like and use ship names?
- Is there a fictional relationship you’d really want for yourself?
- If you could change one thing about your OTP, what would that be?
hey guys this is a rly important announcement i will be going on a year-long hiatus starting tomorrow bc theres no wifi at hogwarts ha ha l8r u dirtbags suck it